Friday, July 1, 2011

Miss Me?!!!

This is where you just answer "YES!" even if it doesn't matter in your little part of the world, if I have been MIA for several days.
This is where I say "I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!" Is my computer healed? No, not yet. I am on my hubby's laptop today.

This has been something that has taught me a lot about myself. I can live without my computer. It is tough. I don't like it. BUT LIFE DOES GO ON.

I have my phone "Ruby." However, she is not an easy phone to use the Internet on. She is an old Blackberry. I am beginning to think with my upgrade I might need to give in to the iPhone mania. I might.

I lost pictures. I cried. Kev is trying to save them, in fact that is why it is taking so long to rid the computer of her "bug." I am thankful for all the pictures saved to post after post and fb albums. I am also thankful that I am bad about just buying a new memory card instead of clearing them of all treasured photos. A bad habit that has had a good twist. Can't fuss at me now, Kev!!!

But the real deal is that I became aware of how much time I was spending on the computer. Time I could be watching a movie with the hubby. Time I could be talking to my kiddos. Time I could be scrapbooking because I finally had the time to CLEAN my scrapbook/office/workout room.

Have I become anti computer? NO WAY!!! But I think I will scale back a little. The only part I really miss the most is the fellowship and encouragement I receive daily from bloggy friends. I don't want to give that up. God has blessed me with some pretty special buddies.

So don't give up on me. I will be back!!! I have more pictures and a whole bunch of memories to share when the ol' computer is up and running again. But let me suggest to you my friends... take an extra minute or two that you usually spend on the computer and spend it with your family this summer. I have learned the hard way, that what seemed horrible in the beginning, just might have been a blessing in my summer of memories.

Hope you are having a WONDERFUL summer!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Great to see you back! I, too, know what you mean about scaling back on the computer. It is a wonderful thing, but can turn into something of a bad habit if you aren't careful. Glad you are enjoying more family time! Hope your computer gets fixed soon, though.

Kristin said...

Such a great lesson...I know I feel much better when I don't spend time on the computer, but it's so addicting! I pay for Mozy, to do online backups every day on my computer in case something happens. It's really affordable, especially for peace of mind. Hope you have a great Summer!!

Bridget said...

Been missing you very much! Hope he is able to retrieve the pictures for you.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

After five years, my computer went belly up. I only recently got a new one. I've spent a lot of time off-line this summer but hope to get back to things once school rolls back around, which is about 4 weeks away. But who's counting?!

peace~elaine