- A tough first day at school, may seem like the end of the world, but BELIEVE Mom when she says there "will be tougher days ahead." (Oops! That one might not cheer you up, huh?)
- How about "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger." (Any better?)
- When I was your age... (No help at all, am I?)
- The teacher isn't mean, just because you went to school unprepared. (I AM ON YOUR SIDE!!!) Yes, we had summer homework.
- You looked cute today. :)
- Mommy LOVES you! (That ALWAYS helped when you were little. Now come give me a kiss...)
OK, face it Baby Doll, Mommy doesn't always have the answers to make everything better. Today was a little overwhelming. It is all new. This "High School thing" can be scary, but please believe me when I say "YOU WILL SURVIVE!!!" You might even like it once you get use to the yucky schedule, the Health teacher with the booming voice and figure out that one bad grade in one class hasn't ruined your whole High School career. It was, after all, just the first day of ninth grade.
But, if this little pep talk didn't work it's magic, then maybe a little scripture will. I was reading this morning and came across this little treasure...
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you, I lift my soul." Psalms 143:8
Tomorrow is a new day, my sweet girl. There isn't a thing you and your friend Jesus can't handle together.
Prayers for day full of "words" of His unfailing love and guidance.