Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When things get HOT...

It is so very HOT around these here parts. The thought of leaving the comfort of my air conditioned home fills me with dread. Sorry Grandma, the ladies around here do not just "glisten," WE SWEAT, BIG TIME.

The heat wears me out. Just going to the grocery store seems ten times more unbearable than before. Just getting in the car is a risk. I mean the metal on the seat belt alone is liable to cause 3rd degree burns. I saw today, where a friend of mine said we had better not say "We wish it was summer, come winter, or she just might have to slap someone." I tend to agree. IT IS HOT PEOPLE!!!

But then I realise I am fussing and whining just a little and I try to remind myself of how blessed
I am to have an air conditioner in my car, even though it only has one setting... HIGH or not at all. I try to remind myself that I should be thankful for my car that still gets me where I am going, that I still have a cart full of groceries and that I now should have stock in Wally World because I am the proud mom of growing kids, no matter how hot it gets outside. And when I am wiping down the "glisten" off my face and finish wringing out my shirt, I hop in my car, in which I get a free sauna treatment and head off to the next mommy adventure, full steam ahead.

Actually, I decide since I am being such a good sport about even attempting to shop in 105 plus degrees of heat, that my efforts need to be rewarded. I head to the "BELL" where they may even know my name and order by memory...

"One LARGE mango-strawberry frutista, PLEASE."


Even mom deserves a treat every once in a while, don't you think.

Hope you are having a HAPPY summer.
Stay cool, friends!!!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh yeah it was 110 today. I grocery shopped in 108 yesterday. It beez hot my friend!

Kristin said...

"free sauna treatment".....now that's funny! Haha! It has been HOT!

Angie said...

Good for you, supermom! You deserve a treat!!
Love you!

Kellie said...

Right there with you on the heat. It has been horrible in the last couple of weeks. This week has been a *bit* better... highs only in the upper 90's. lol I, too, am thankful for air conditioning and the many other blessings God has given. Those treats surely are something to look forward to!

Sharon Sloan said...

The heat is on!!!

Enjoy your cold frothy drink!

Sandra said...

I'm in Canada, and although we don't have the kind of heat you are having, we whine about it too (for like the week and a half that is the Canadian summer!) You deserve that icy yummy looking treat!