Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Toto, We are not in Arkansas anymore...

The booted feet belong to Kayla and me. She thought it looked like there was a heart on the ground in between our feet.


Somewhere in the past month, I guess I moved up north and didn't realize it. It is snowing AGAIN. In case you are wondering what the big deal is, let me explain...AGAIN.
We here in south ARKANSAS don't get snow. Maybe ONE snow day every three years (and that is usually for ice, rather than snow), BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS. We don't even have snow days planned in the school calendar. At this rate my kiddos will be going to school all summer long.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE SNOW.
I love the beauty of it.
I love wearing cute sweaters, jackets and boots.

I love a hot drink when it is cold outside.

I love a big comfy blanket to snuggle under.

I love all the fun my kids have playing outside.

I love all the picture opportunities.

Nothing is better than a bowl of yummy soup on a cold day.

YET,

I don't like standing in line at the grocery store because you need that gallon of milk and loaf of bread, just like 5 zillion other people.

I don't like driving on slippery roads and feeling trapped 'cause I can't just get up and go.

I don't like my son going stir crazy. (Thanking the Lord, today, for the friend that asked him over today!)
I don't like it that my hubby has control of the flicker 24/7.

I don't like it that I will spend most of the snow day/holiday CLEANING, because I haven't had time to all week.

I don't like the water all over the kitchen floor from wet boots...


So, if you watched the news/weather, than you know that my little 'ol state is pretty much COVERED in a white blanket today. Tomorrow the temps are not to even begin getting high enough to melt it all off, so they say. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Maybe if I work a little today, I can spend the day playing tomorrow.
Snow days! Gotta love them. In the meantime I keep thinking I will wake up and realize that I was just dreaming and went to Montana...
Hope you are having a beautiful day!
Blessings!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

This has been the craziest winter ever, huh?! We haven't gotten any snow here in SE Texas, but the temps dropped to right around freezing today and I'm hoping the roads don't get icy again. We have bad weather days built in to our schedule at school, but they are for hurricanes! Ha!

Angie said...

I'm with ya! Snow is fun to sit and watch. Not so fun when life has to go on in the big middle of it!

That being said, I sure have missed it the last few years! You know, that whole 'grass is greener' thing.

Stay warm, cuz! Spring is coming!

Bridget said...

It snowed here today and we had a fun, lazy snow day at our house. I've enjoyed the snow and the days off, but I'm a southern girl, and I think I'm ready for some flip-flop weather...

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

Kinda makes us second guess the global warming theory, huh? :)

christy rose said...

It has been a crazy winter for so many people. I bet you are all just in shock!! Enjoy it though, it probably won't happen again for a long time and the memories of it all will be fun to think back on. :)

Jim said...

Sis,
Welcome to ArKANSAS, Micho!

We had 8 this morning and about 12 this afternoon when Mom ventured out for the mail. (Complete with fashion wear from Wal-mart's plastic sack department!)

School's out at the college tomorrow so I will have had 5 classes cancelled this semester so far. Students are hoping that my Old Testament testing will be cut back, as well. May have to do just that. I've 21 students this year, for which I'm pleased, just hope I do them justice.

Well, keep warm and safe.

Love you,
Jim-Dad

Kellie said...

It is a hoot how much snow y'all have gotten this year. We in the south just don't know how to handle it all. lol We had a dusting this morning and it is already gone. I like that kind of snow at this time of the year.