Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I have this friend. We have been through a lot together, through the years. We have done Bible study after Bible study together. Been to a few conferences. She has shared her poetry with me. She has encouraged me to learn my scripture. She has used her story to guide me on my own journey. She is always uplifting. Her faith is incredible. Her words ALWAYS bless me in a special way. She has prayed for me in a mighty way when I really needed it. And I am going to get to see her this weekend! (Doing the happy dance!!!) You may have seen her around before... She is kinda famous. :) Truthfully, I have never met her, but would LOVE to one day. We have been on about 7 Bible study journeys together, and two conferences. And every time our paths cross, I feel God has given her a special "word" just for me. I can't help but think of her as a Bestie, a soul sister. This weekend, she will be in Little Rock and so will I. I am looking forward to a weekend off from all the daily responsibilities as "mom and wife" and have some time to just "soak in" God's word. Did I say I was doing the happy dance already? :)

6 comments:

Kellie said...

That is AWESOME!! Enjoy some of that soaking in for me. I'll live vicariously through you. :)

Bridget said...

That is awesome!! I love Beth Moore and have been through (I think) four of her studies. Have a super time this weekend!!

Sharon Sloan said...

Excited for you! Beth is a gifted Bible teacher! And a snazzy, stylish gal!! I am currently doing her study of Isaiah (Breaking Free) with a few girlfriends. Love it!

Have a great time. Can't wait to hear about it!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Jealous!!!!!! But so happy for you. Doesn't she feel like an old friend? I have done all but one of her studies now, and have done others sometimes two or three times. Each time I go through them, I fall in love with Jesus a little bit more, actually, sometimes a lot more!

Everytime I do a Bible study that isn't hers, I always feel like I am drinking spiritual milk and am left craving the meat. I guess you get used to be challenged. I NEED that! To be challenged and confronted in my Walk, even when it is hard.

Kristin said...

Have lots of fun! I bet she is amazing to see and her home church is right here in Houston and I keep saying I need to get over there some time for one of her studies!

jules said...

How awesome is that?

Have a great time with your bestie....