Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Full Speed Ahead...

Did you think I dropped off the planet after Easter? I probably could have, for I had a FABULOUS Easter weekend, but after it rolled by LIFE HAPPENED.

It has rained off and on in Arkansas since BEFORE Easter. Flooding has been an issue in some parts. Thankfully, I personally haven't had a problem, but it is tough hearing about friends and family watching the waters rise.

The storms last week were CRAZY!!! Three days of constant weather watching, little sleep at night and worry. I HATE STORMS!!! I can go to sleep with a little thunder and lightening, but when the twisters start coming out to play I WORRY. AND PRAY A LOT. We had some close calls, but thankfully me and mine in all corners of the state are fine. The sad thing is, Arkansas was bad, but we only endured the warm up sessions. Who could ever imagine that the storms would do all the damage they did to our neighboring states. My heart and prayers go out to those in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee and other states, who suffered such loss.

Anyhoo, because of the lightening and warnings the computer was OFF for a few days.

THEN...

I guess the storms blew in who knows what, because allergy QUEEN here, has been feeling YUCKY since last Wednesday. I feel like I could cough up a lung at any moment. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. Waited TWO hours before seeing the doctor, visited with him for only FIVE minutes and was rewarded with a SHOT. What an afternoon. I was a big girl, Mom, I did not make them chase me around the room. :) Hoping to feel better in a few days.

So, I haven't really felt like getting on the computer, pretty much went to work and then "CHILLED" on the couch until bedtime. FUN week!

Everything is about SENIORS this week. WE ARE BUSY! Being a student minister's wife, well May starts the beginning of the BUSIEST season for us. Truthfully, it doesn't really end until football season is over, but that is another story. Right now we are gearing up for the end of the school year stuff, and all the summer fun we try to pack in as youth ministers. Did I say it was CRAZY?!!! But it is a lot of fun.

Anyway, I hate that I have been out of pocket. Hopefully I can catch up soon. Just wanted you all to know that I am still alive and kicking.

Hope everyone is having a BEAUTIFUL week. I for one, am THANKFUL for the sunshine today.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

YAY, you're back and everyone is okay! I KNOW, those storms were terrible!!

Hope you feel better soon and the seniors have a great summer send-off. Our kids have Spring fever. Four weeks left of school...four weeks :)

jules said...

You're not the only one who's been missing in blogland. I'm finally get back after a very sparse couple of weeks.

I hope you are feeling better....

Jim said...

Hey, Sis!
Know what you mean about the allergies - you know I rarely get them. Well, I joined the croup, er, group, well, yeah, croup is more like it! Somehow just before the big rains it started coming on and settled in for a season and my nose and throat felt like they were competing with the weather. You know, constant downpour, then thunder-like coughing spells. But, I seem to be getting the best of it today - touch of "thunder" and "rain" - but mostly "sunny"! Hope you feel better soon, too!

Had my last class today for the summer - I give a final next week and that's it until fall. Whew!

Love you,
Jim-Dad

Kellie said...

Glad you are doing OK and were able to get that shot. Thankful you all were spared the worst of the storms, too. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL - those storms really slowed me down, too. I laughed that I thought it was only the coyotes we had to worry about after sundown - not spring storms! Spent a lot of nights up for hours after mid-night to make sure my crew was safe! Glad your feeling better!