Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Large Sweet Tea...PLEASE!!!

This has been one of those weeks.
Ever have one?
Where you question a lot...
You are frustrated a lot...
You are weary and can't wait till Friday only to realize you wasted a week waiting for Friday...
I was there.

I can't complain too bad. I have all I need and then some. My kids are healthy. My hubby even cleaned the kitchen Friday for me.
BUT,
every once in a while I have to ask myself "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, MICH?!!!"
Sometimes my JOY hides from me and I get swallowed whole by the mundane tasks set before me. This week it was my job that got me down. Frustration over decisions made that were out of my control. Being put in the middle of something bigger than me. Headaches, worry, walking on eggshells... Wondering if I have what it takes to handle days like this... or weeks.

I Don't. I never will.
BUT my God does.
And what is so awesome about my God is He can see me through the rough patches and then add a blessing on top that takes my "joy" out of hiding.

So yea, it was a hard work week.
But it was nothing my God, quiet time and a large sweet tea (The SWEETER THE BETTER!!!) couldn't handle everyday.

What makes you feel better?

Have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

I hear ya! Once and a while I just want a large diet lemonade from Chick-Fil-A to refresh me on those weary days!!!!!

And extended quiet time in the Word!!

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I love mornings without an agenda and a house all to myself. It doesn't happen often, but when it does (like today) I enjoy the quiet with Jesus.

Oh, and a toasted egg salad sandwich from the Bordeux lunch counter is a bonus as well!

peace~elaine

Kellie said...

Photographing makes me feel better... and also my walks. My Mikayla LOVES McDonald's sweet tea so she is right there with you on that one! lol :) Hope this week has been better for you! Hugs!