Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Be still..."

This has been a very busy week for me. Rough? No, I don't think I have really earned the right to describe it that way, after all there are many painful things that could have happened and didn't, but what I will say is that I feel worn out. Between "open houses" at schools, training for a new job, church activities, working at my husband's office, getting ready for two big youth events for girls, on top of being sick, well it has been quite a load to carry. Of course that is before mentioning stacks of laundry and mommy duties at home. Yet, here I am sitting at my computer, feeling "thankful."

I'm not sure where the feeling came from, for less than an hour ago I was feeling frustrated that I only have "one" free day to get all the little extra stuff done that MOUNDS up and never seems to go away. But I decided to check my email and started blog searching... Somehow when you read the everyday life of others you realize you are not alone in this crazy world we call motherhood and marriage and that there are many other possibilities of how I could be spending my days...many of them not so normal or even pleasant sometimes.

So as I am sitting here talking to you, I'm going to be thankful...

Of course, my "to do" list still needs to be conquered! Yet I can feel my Savior gently saying "BE STILL." Oh, if only the Lord meant "GO TAKE A NAP!" I probably could and it would be alright, but truth is, what He is saying is; "Michele, it is OK if it doesn't all get done today. It is OK if everything is not perfect. It is OK to just have "peace" in the moment." He wants me to know that I am not alone, I just have to give up control. Instead of looking at the "mound" like it was this huge mountain, He wants me to just take one "molehill" at a time. In other words, "worrying" about anything will accomplish nothing, while "being still" in peace creates "active" joy!

I hope as you read this that you too are inspired to find a thankful heart in the middle of your own world of chaos!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Amen, sister!

I've got lots of molehills going on in my hall right now! My laundry is strowed from one end of the hall to the other!

We're all in this together!

Love ya!

Jim said...

Sis,
I say, Amen and Amen, too. You girls continue to make my day! I've been worn out today, trying to attack a seemingly overpowering foe - our garage! Somehow, during the last 5 years, I must have left the door open and the "garage gremlins" crept in and piled everything so "helter-skelter" that I get tired just opening the door and stepping into the place. What's worse is the pressure to get it in order, to get some things ready for a "garage sale", and generally have it in shape to put it on the market in a couple of months or less.

Your blog is an encouragement to me and it may find its way into my sermon tomorrow. Thanks!

Love Ya,
Poohpa