Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer is gone and I still need a VACATION!!!

My life has been a whirlwind lately. My husband says summers are always busy, but I honestly think this summer was a little more hectic than usual. So busy, that I didn't even get to do some of the things I had wanted to: Sorry Mom and Dad, maybe we can see each other soon and Amber, did your family ever make it to Magic Springs?

The summer has been good. There have been camps, VBS, family visits, lots of swimming, weddings... Unfortunately now that school is about to start, I'm worn out. I'm ready for a vacation to recover from my vacation!!!

We've done the school supply shopping, we've done the wardrobe planning, we've talked about how things will be when mom goes back to work...

Oh yeah, I haven't told many people yet, but after 12 years of being able to stay at home with my kids and babysitting off and on, this "old" woman is going back to work. There is a part of me that dreads every moment, after all what woman wants to give up her freedom and have to start working a second job and punching a time clock? (I believe being a mom and wife is already a full time job!!!) Yet there is a part of me that desires to help, to have the knowledge that I helped put some of that money in the bank...

I have a new job that I will start the first part of September. In the mean time I have been filling in for one of the secretaries at my husband's office, while she is gone to be with her daughter, who is having a baby. Every night I've come home worn out, yet I've felt good about what I've done. And when I got my first paycheck this week, well I felt blessed.

My kids start school on Monday. I have a youth girl's sleepover, a new bible study starting, I may be teaching Sunday School, a youth retreat, and who knows what else coming up in September... and a new job! I think I'm ready for a vacation just thinking about it all. Yes, I think my days of freedom are over...

Tomorrow is Saturday. I think I will go for now and rest. I might just sleep late in the morning!
After all, I'll need the energy to do the piles of laundry...

1 comment:

Amber said...

We never did make it to Magic Springs...oh well, kids haven't asked about it.

Hope you can rest today...