Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dear Self,

Sweetheart, it is plum alright. Everyone has "those" days when NOTHIN' seems to go right...or should I say "one of those weeks?"

It is alright that you are tired. You have been going, going, going. Your body is just telling you that it needs a little REST. So embrace the fact that you have gone to bed at least an hour earlier, every night this week. This is not a crime. Nothing says it is wrong to be in bed before your kids. They are a young teen and a tween and out of school for the summer. You are not getting any younger and have to be at work by 7:00a.m. every morning. REST. I'm giving you permission...

It is alright that you are bribing your children to do their chores. They need spending money for vacation time, you need a clean house to come home to. It is a win win situation, sister. Have no guilt over this. You don't have to be the "perfect" mom. They are old enough to pull their weight around the house. Thirty minutes of chores everyday will not kill them. :) As for the money? Make them earn it. Either way it comes out of your pocket. Relax. And by the way, didn't the fresh mopped kitchen floor smell and look good when you came home?

It is alright to be a little cranky. After all you woke up in the middle of the night last night with a terrible case of heartburn. UGH! Need to get back on your meds, darling. Anyway, while everyone was snoozing away, you were awake PRAYING for relief. The fact that you survived the day on two less hours of sleep is truly AMAZING. So if you are a little cranky, so what. Just don't take it out on the kiddos...oops! If you accidentally do this, just make sure to apologize and throw in an "I love you" and the big puppy dog eyes and...

It is alright that you do not understand the world of electronics. Seriously, isn't that why you married your hubby in the first place? (Actually, I married him, cause I love the stuffin' out of him, but since he is good with anything electronic and for the sake of this post...) I mean, when people build DVD players, cell phones, even alarm clocks, could just somebody think of ME?!!! I know this world does not evolve around me (sure found that out the hard way!), but life sure would run smoother if it did. Those yellow and black "dummy" books should just go ahead and print "Mich" on the cover, 'cause I probably need to read them all. Last night I had computer problems, last week it was the clock, today my cell... Say a prayer for the hubby. He earns a jewel in his crown just for putting up with me.

It is alright that you forgot your mom and dad were out of town. It is alright that you left several messages on their phone, only to be reminded by dear ol' sis that they aren't there. Here is hoping I didn't sound frustrated... (Love you mom and dad! Hope you are having fun!) Seriously trying to remember what I said on those messages, after all I have been a little cranky this week...

It is alright that you had a frustrating conversation today. It is alright that you thought ugly thoughts and were just a tad angry. After all, you held your tongue. You were a trooper and let it go, when the fiery words were itching to be said. It is alright because you asked the Lord for strength and He gave it. A situation which could have been bad, was just uncomfortable, because of the Lord's hand over your mouth. It's alright...

It is alright that you burnt half of dinner tonight. It is totally alright that you served "Breakfast" for dinner. Love that! Yet, somehow the sausage ended up burnt, the first round of toast burnt... I told the hubby that it was a good thing Kayla was cooking the bacon. :) Of course the fam said the sausage was good. I wouldn't eat the burnt, "I"M FED UP WITH YOU MEAT PATTIES," so I don't know if they were trying to make mommy dearest feel good or if I came up with a new family favorite; "Burnt sausage, the other black meat." :) We didn't starve so I guess that is what matters.

It is alright that you decided to just go to bed and start tomorrow fresh, since today has been so very "hunky dory." (Another southern phrase, which means "just wonderful.") Did you hear me self?!! IT IS ALRIGHT.

I once heard that when you don't feel like being thankful, to be thankful anyway. That when you feel like it has been a roller coaster of emotions kind of a day, you can still find something to thank the good Lord for. They are right...

Thank you Lord for simply being there, every step of the way. I couldn't have made it without you. You said we would have those days, that not everything in this world would be easy. Not everyone will always be easy to get along with. There will be days of crankiness, frustrating conversations and burnt toast. So thankful you are bigger than all of that. So very thankful.

Although I think I will just go and "rest" in your love now...

Yeah, it is going to be alright.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

We all have those days. Here is praying tomorrow is a little less frustrating and a lot more joyful. After all, God is there every step of the way. :)

Angel said...

Sorry you had a bad day!! But you are still cracking me up!! I wanted to read the whole thing to my family so they will quit looking at me like I am crazy or from outer space when I have those days and they hear me carry on like that but I thought they get it enough from me, LOL

Isn't it wonderful that HE walks every step with us, can you imagine how bad it would be if HE didn't!!

Remember, "JOY comes in the morning"

Love and Blessings my friend

Sharon Sloan said...

Rest in Him. Rest in His Word.
Isaiah 50:4
"...know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught."


Rest your body. His mercies are new every day. And it is amazing what a good night's sleep can do!

Loved your "note to self". :)

Lam. 3:22-26
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to Myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Sometimes we just have to give ourselves grace and realize that we aren't superhuman. This last week has been that way for me too.

Amber said...

I get it. I SO get it.

Love you.

Amy said...

I completely understand :)
Blessings,
Amy