Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Time of Testing... My Prayer List

Wow! I feel like I have been gone for ages. It started out that I didn't have much to say, then went to being to busy to sit at the computer for longer than 10 minutes and ended up with too much to say, but all with a heavy heart. After being gone for a few days, here I am.

I have to say, before I write much more, that I feel blessed. Maybe this week more than ever. Overall, the week for me personally hasn't been terrible, I have just been burdened and loaded down with concern for dear friends and family. The cruelty of this world is attacking those i care about hard. I told someone Friday that it seemed like the LONGEST week ever. The days get long when you are suffering from a weary heart.

Yet, God is good. Prayer is key. Faith is the stronghold that gets us all through this journey. I know I have been out of bloggy land for a little bit, I know I haven't left my usual comments on dear friends and family blogs, but I am going to ask a favor. Please pray for these dear people. Whether you leave a comment or not, it is alright, I just ask for prayer.

-The wife of my husband's cousin, who also happens to be a dear friend, found out she has breast cancer. It is in her lymph nodes. The consider it inoperable at this time. She starts chemo this coming week. She is having a very hard time dealing with it.

-One of my mother-in-law's oldest and dearest friends lost her hubby this week. He had been ill for some time. However, I know she is missing him today.

-A friend from college, who now lives in the same town as me, has just finished her chemo treatments. It was very successful and she is doing well. However, a few days ago, her 5Th grade daughter had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital where they discovered she had a brain tumor. The had to operate and for now, it looks good, but they have a long road ahead of them. This sweet family has had a very hard year...

-One of my co worker's husband landed in the hospital this week over his blood sugar. Another co worker's niece fell off the monkey bars at school and broke her arm. Another coworker had a seizure, and had to have medicine changed. Another coworker had emergency back surgery last week. My son broke his nose two weeks ago... We have been hit hard at work.

-My mother-in-law has had a few episodes of double vision. Upon going to the doctor, it was discovered that she had had a mini stroke. She is fine, but of course a little worried.

-My father-in-law continues to take his chemo days the best he can...one day at a time.

As I said it has been a crazy week. I would appreciate it if you would lift these beautiful people up in your prayers. They are standing strong in faith, but can always use an extra prayer lifted.

In the meantime, I choose to have joy, if for no reason than the fact that God is there.

Have a beautiful Sunday, worshipping the one true God.

9 comments:

Jim said...

Sis,
So good to hear from you, in spite of the news! Indeed, chose JOY! Your item reflects the meaning of that word JESUS - OTHERS - YOU!

Love you,
Jim-Dad

Angela said...

I will definitely be praying over the list that you have shared here. I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and sharing how I felt I had reached my breaking point last week. I told her it wasn't just for me but my heart ached for SO many others that are dealing with SO much in their lives. I was just so ...sigh..well my heart was really hurting and trying to fight that feeling of being overwhelmed when I look around and see all the pain...

Kellie said...

What a week, for sure.... I will pray for these sweet people in your life. We, too, have had a week of hearing about lots of difficulties and it can be overwhelming. That is when we throw up our hands in Faith and let the Lord take over.

Kristin said...

Praying for you and your friends, Mich. That does sound like so much to deal with and we are always here to pray when needed!! :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yes, prayers... I'm so sorry for all of them and for you, sister. You are good to stand in the gap for those in need, although I know it can be an added burden to your heart.

Always here for you...

peace~elaine

Sharon Sloan said...

Mich: Thanks for sharing your heart and your prayer requests. So much to lift up to Him in prayer. I am thankful His everlasting arms are strong enough and big enough. And His love is perfect.

He & Me + 3 said...

So much sadness & hurt around us sometimes...but keeping our eyes on HIM & the eternal not the temporal...helps. Amen to prayer.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow, that is a lot of concerns. I am so sorry, no wonder you are feeling burdened.

I will lift these people up before our Lord and pray that you will continue to find joy.

Bridget said...

I hope things get better and will keep those mentioned in my prayers.