Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Few of My New Favorite Things...

This will probably mean that I will never be able to find these products again after today. For some reason PEOPLE think I have good taste. I mean, I choose something and it seems everybody wants it. I start liking something and then all of a sudden the stores are constantly OUT of my favorite brand or product. I should make MILLIONS being a product tester... 'cause EVERYONE seems to want what I WANT!!!

Oh well, back to business. I am going to be a good friend today. I am going to share with you a few of my new finds and PRAY they are still in the store tomorrow. WHY? 'Cause I'm just nice like that. :) I want to share the love...

Granted, you may already know about all these things. Shoot! You may have been using and eating them for years, BUT indulge me, read on and then encourage me with kind words that make my day. Isn't that how friends are suppose to roll?!!! Oh, and feel free to return the favor, if YOU have a favorite product you think I must try.
Let's start with the skin... I have VERY FAIR skin. I am also not getting any younger, people. So, two products I have found lately that I LOVE are these...



This HELPS bunches with the little lines under my aging eyes. I have only used it for a week and already LOVE it. Got it at Sally's for less than 10 buckaroos.
I read somewhere where ALOE is God's natural remedy. I remember my Nanny having an Aloe plant and would always put the sap on my boo boos. Anyhoodle, I found this a few months ago and it is a miracle cure for dry skin, rashes, acne, etc... It leaves my skin super soft and has helped clear up a few imperfections along the way. The best part, in case it doesn't work for you, is that it only costs 1.99. Can't beat the price!
Let's see...

I can't stand bad breathe, crud on my teeth during the day, when I can't stop and brush, and I'm trying to cut back on my eating. The answer, for me?


LOVE this gum. (Sorry, friends if you don't chew. I'm afraid I like to pop bubbles too, for those of you who have pet peeves.) I think a lot of people must like it, for the box of single packs at the register seems to ALWAYS be empty. I've started buying the three pack packages. It really helps the food cravings at work BIG TIME.

As for a few food items that are helping me cut back..




I LOVE fruit. However, I hate cutting it up and preparing it. Answer? These little cups of goodness. Can you say yummy?!!! They are so good, that my hubby started stealing my breakfast treat. I started buying big jars to keep around the house. The pineapple and peach are my favorites, but I haven't found one I didn't like. Best part is that they average around 140 calories a cup. Not bad for the calorie count for breakfast, dessert or a good snack.
Now how about those veggies? Oops! I guess my fave of this brand, really isn't considered a vegetable anymore. Which by the way frustrate me to no end. When I was little, a tomato was a veggie, now it is a fruit. Corn was a veggie, now it is a grain. Potatoes are considered vegetables anymore either, for now they are starches. I really did like it all the other way PEOPLE. They took all my favorite veggies off the vegetable list! But I guess that is another story for another day...
Love the Steamfresh veggies, but the golden and white corn is totally yummy. Best part is that it cooks in the microwave in no time at all. My hubby laughs 'cause I have been know to eat a whole bowl of this yummy goodness by myself. However, there are other great veggies that are microwavable. So important for this gal who is trying to eat more fruit, veggies and good for you foods. Technically I know my sweet corn is not a veggie, but it is better for me than cake, so there!!!



Need a quick breakfast or snack idea? I found these 100 calorie treats a while back. Unfortunately our store can't seem to keep them in stock.

Well, that is my list for today, friends. I'm serious if you have any suggestions for me to try. All about trying to do better with my eating and taking better care of my skin.
Hope you are having a beautiful day. I'm headed to do some much needed laundry. Has anyone found a product that makes that disappear?!!! :)
Back to the "mother"ship!!!

9 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

The whole time I was reading this fun post, I was singing in my head the song from Sound of Music - "these are a few of my favorite things".......

Gretchen said...

Anyhoodle? Is that a Jim-Dadism? I can't wait to look for your beauty steals. And me & Violet Beauregarde? We're gum chewers. ;/)

Bridget said...

I LOVE Stride gum! Enjoyed your list of your favorite things...hopefully you'll still be able to find them :D

Andrea said...

I love those steamers, too.

We use libby's pumpkin in our dogs food and it seems there is a shortage.

Hugs,
andrea

PS: Just so you know, pumpkin is good for a dogs coat and digestive system.

Jim said...

Just so you know, Gretchen, "anyhoodle" is a totally a daughterism. Seriously, I'm learning new words from the girls everyday, just like you. My "isms" are more in the form of statements and allusions to sounds.like kinds of language.

Anyhoodle, that's the way I see it.

Sis, your favs sound pretty good to me! You think the "skin stuff" could make me YOUNGER?

Jim-Dad

Kristin said...

We eat those steamfresh veggies all the time. They taste much better than canned ones and I love them. Have you tried the southwest rice one? Yummy! I know it's not a veggie, but it's good! I actually like the Weight Watchers dinners too for lunch. I eat them even if I'm not trying to lose weight.

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing the goodies! We've switched a few things,too. String cheese or mandarin oranges in the little cups for snack-time. The girls love them! And the 25 calorie fruit pops instead of ice cream. Yummy!!

christy rose said...

Wow! I loved reading your few of your favorite things list. I am going to be looking for those skin care items. I could always use help with my skin. :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm with you on the gum and the corn! Both brands staples in my life... honestly, you can have the fruit. I'm not looking to "cut back" right now, but I should be. Oh bother, more guilt now...

peace~elaine