Let me just take a moment to say "WE HAVE BEEN BUSY!!!"
I know most families in today's world live on the go, but I think I have had the BUSIEST month ever! It is like I recuperated from surgery only to hit the track of life at full speed. Good thing I am feeling so much better, so I can enjoy the trip.
Anyway, I feel so out of the loop. I have been MIA in blogland for a while. Not because I want to, but because I haven't found those extra minutes in the day to sit down and chat. Please forgive me. Hope we can all still be friends. :)
I was sitting on the couch tonight, taking a breather when I realized that although life seems to be a race right now, that I am enjoying the race. Yeah, I fuss about being busy, tired and not having a few moments to myself, but then I am a MOM.
So, since I have NO time to write about all that has happened in the last few weeks, I thought I would quickly recap with a list of "THANK YOUS." I am one blessed lady, and I KNOW IT.
1. I am so thankful for my family that I get to go and do with. We are busy these days, but at least we are busy together.
2. I love watching my kids display and use the talents God gifted them with. Whether, I am watching Kayla play her flute in the 8th grade band on Thursdays or watching Jordan maneuver a soccer ball down the field, I am their biggest fan.
3. Love the invention of the crock pot. I have used mine already twice this week (AND IT IS ONLY TUESDAY!!!), for an easy meal following ballgames. Monday we had roast, tonight we had homemade chicken noodle soup. YUMMY! Best part is that clean up is EASY.
4. Love watching my hubby in action. He really is good at what he does as a student minister. Kids love him.
5. I was able to take a FOUR hour nap on Sunday. I think I was tired. I am so glad God said "rest" on the seventh day. :)
6. The tummy bug has been going around my workplace, but I have been blessed not to have the cooties YET. Still holding my breathe.
7. Planning another birthday party, this time for my son. My package of "hunting themed" party supplies came in the mail today. Love planning a party. :) We just have to find time.
8. I was told my men will be going hunting Saturday. Hmm... with the menfolk gone, wonder what Kayla and I can get in to besides laundry?
9. I have lost thirty pounds since the last week in June. The first 20 were from sickness and surgery, but the last 10 were from discipline and work. Haven't had a soda since June either. Giving myself a pat on the back, so I will keep going.
10. Thankful to have survived 14 beautiful adventurous years with my daughter. Looking forward to what lies ahead. With her, IT WILL BE AN ADVENTURE.
11. Thankful for the precious conversations with my son. They are getting fewer and farther in between, but I will take every word I can get. I pray constantly for strength to just "listen."
12. Thankful for scrapbook club, my girl's night. I get to be creative, hang with friends and have "me" time all rolled into one.
13. Kayla is officially a teenage babysitter who makes more money than her mom by the hour. I am so proud of her as I ask for a loan.
14. We are studying "spiritual gifts" at church. I took a test and was SURPRISED. I will share more later when I have more time.
15. Thankful that I am reminded everyday of God's goodness and grace. I bought a new ring for myself the other day. It is a simple band that says "Be the change you wish to see in the world." I wear it as a reminder daily to try my hardest to be what God wants me to be.
Some days I do feel like I am in a race against time. I feel like if I blink one too many times, my kids will be gone. I sometimes feel like I will not get accomplished all I dream of doing. Yet, at every turn I find a blessing, a lesson learned or what I would consider a hug from God. I will choose today to be thankful, no matter how fast I'm pedaling.
Hope you are having a beautiful week.