Well, it has officially started. VACATION!!! Met up with the family today for a little road trip to our first destination...Nashville. I will have lots of pictures later, but for tonight, since it is late I
thought I would share a few smiles I had today, along the way.
- Dropped the car off at Mr. Bill's house outside Little Rock. (This would be a two van journey.) Anyway, Mr. Bill is one of my hubby's favorite people in the world. Seeing Kev light up while just talking to him, makes me smile. He was a big brother, mentor, Christian example and friend all wrapped up in one for my husband while he was growing up.
- Of course meeting up with my family brought big smiles! Love the fam!
- Watching my youngest nephew "hero worship" my son. He is five and the cutest. He "had" to sit by Jordan at dinner and wanted to sleep with him at the hotel. Too cute!!!
- My brother-in-law making two U-turns on the side streets of Nashville, because my dear sis gave him the wrong directions. I was in the van following them and really wished I had it on video. Priceless.
- My nephew Sawyer enjoying his fettuccine at the The Old Spaghetti Factory where we had dinner. I took several pictures because he was so darn cute. (I promise to share them later.) As for dinner...YUMMY! That brought big smiles all around. Highly recommend it.
- Also at the restaurant...instead of coloring the coloring pages on the kids menus, they made paper airplanes with them. Nice restaurant, paper airplanes...do they really go together? They do if you travel with us. Hey! It's vacation, right?
- Driving through downtown Nashville. Loved it! the people watcher that I am loved watching the many faces that passed by. If I had more time I would just go around taking pictures of downtown Nashville, with all the people, lights and beautiful buildings.
Well, that was a taste of day one. Sorry I have no pictures to share tonight, but my daughter is fussing for some computer time and frankly I'm tired. This traveler is "hittin' the hay" as we say down south.