As for the award I so graciously received? It was the "Honest Scrap Award." It came from Christy Rose of "The Secret Life of an American Wife and Mom." She writes some of the most inspiring posts, not to mention she has a big heart for the Lord. If you haven't already met her you might enjoy visiting. She is a great mom and has a beautiful family. Thanks friend, for the sweet nomination.
In order for me to accept this award, here are the rules:
1. Say thanks and give link to the presenter of this award.
2. Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs have inspired me or brought encouragement.
4. Tell those 7 people that they have been awarded the "Honest Scrap" and inform them of the guidelines upon receiving it.
OK. "Ten HONEST things" about myself? I just finished three posts with "100 things about Mich." Does that count? I guess I will try to dig up 10 more...
1. I was born in Fort Worth, Texas while my dad was going to school. I'm a seminary brat!
2. I love children, and their honesty.
3. I am on the shy and quiet side, but can be a chatterbox among family and friends. I can also be a very protective "Mama Bear" at times.
4. I have a sister who is six and a half years younger than me. We are very close. Heart you, sis!
5. I have a new toy that I got for Christmas. My hubby got me a Canon Rebel. I love playing around with it and taking pictures.
6. I still have the first cell phone I ever got. "If it ain't broke, why replace it?" Actually, I would like a new one, but I am not "addicted" to my phone like some people. Everyone fusses at me because I never have it on me.
7. I can be a pack rat at times. I have such a hard time throwing things of sentimental value away...you know those precious drawings from school and Sunday School, I have hundreds.
8. I still have a great relationship with my kids. I am so thankful that they still feel like they can "talk" to me. I know this may change, but for now it brings me great joy.
9. My hubby is my best friend and encourager. I am thankful for him everyday.
10. I have said this once before, but every time I say it, it can mean even more. "I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS." I believe in a loving God, who puts His creative hand on me everyday, molding me into His own.
As for 7 people in the blog world who inspire me everyday?
1. My sister Amber over at Raising Rascals. She just plain loves me know matter what. Thank you Lord, for family.
2. Sharon at Joy in the Truth is one awesome lady. She inspires me daily with sweet comments and beautiful scripture based posts.
3. I also love reading how God is taking care of Lauren at Walking By Faith. She has a great story of how God teaches her everyday how to walk with Him.
4. This next bloggy friend makes me laugh, cry and gives me some pretty hefty questions to think about each week. Gretchen at Jewels in My Crown, thanks for making me smile!
5. Joy at the Joyeful Journey is a beautiful read. She shares her heart and has a beautiful gift with words.
6. I love reading Sarah Dawn's posts at Slashing Glory and hearing about her missionary adventures, her big heart and to simply get "splashed." She also shares my middle name. (Oops! I just gave away another fact about me!) I couldn't get it to link, so if you want to read her great posts go to "justsarahdawn.blogspot.com."
7. Finally, my dad. He doesn't blog all the time, but when he does, he lends spiritual insight into the ordinary. Most of all, I just put him on this list because he takes the time everyday to read mine and my sister's blogs and will leave encouraging comments full of love. In the blog world he is known as Jim-Dad. His blog is called the Barnabas Brief. Hmmm...fitting, don't you think? Love ya, Dad!
Well, this has been fun. I could have done way more than a list of seven. Thanks for letting me have a "honest" moment and for sharing it with me. I guess now I have to go hunt down all my "honest" pals and hand out nominations.
Talk to you later!