1. Why do we only have pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie in the fall? Is there a law somewhere that says you can't go and buy a can of pumpkin and make a pie in the middle of springtime?
2. My daughter is taking gymnastics at school as her PE elective. She has taken dance, but never gymnastics before. She has certain things she has to perform before the end of the school year to pass the class. However, the teacher says if they have never done something before, they can't participate. If she and about 20 other girls in her class have never had gymnastics before, but can't try anything new, how will she learn the required jumps and bends to pass the class? I'm confused.
3. How come for years now I have ordered a milk with a value meal at McDonald's as the drink, due to the fact that my daughter HATES and will not drink soda, but all of a sudden last week they "can't do that?" I didn't argue...
4. How come kids can sit at the dinner table and say "I'm not hungry" yet raid the pantry 30 minutes later looking for a treat?
5. How come kids can be out late on a school night for football or another school activity, but can't go to church on Wednesday night to AWANA or Youth Group, because of homework or a test?
6. Why can't people just get along? Is it really that hard to be respectful of others at all times?
7. Why is it I can go all day Saturday and forget to stop and eat a bite if I am busy, yet every Sunday morning in the middle of church, my tummy decides to growl?
8. I can try something on in a store and think it looks great, but when I get it home and put it on I'm left wondering "WHAT WAS I THINKING???"
9. Why do people insist they called you, when we live in a "caller ID" world and you KNOW they didn't?
10. Why can I find a new product at Walmart, use it for a while, like it, then all of a sudden they don't have it anymore? Are they just trying to tease me? Are they playing a game?
11. During a parade...if all the police cars, ambulances, and firetrucks are in the parade, who is taking care of the town?
12. Why can't money grow on trees?!!!
13. Why if for years my parents would say "Ain't is not a word, stop using it!", they all of a sudden decide to put the word in the dictionary? I don't like the word. I just can't use the same reasoning my parents used for years...
14. How come a kid can be knock around silly in sports, but a sibling touches them, the tears flow?
15. How come my daughter can be on the computer for hours, with no problems, but yet when I am trying to upload pictures for an album, the "page expires" on me twice, interrupting my project unsaved?
Can you tell I'm frustrated at Walmart, computers, gym teachers and soccer coaches who "didn't" call? Can you tell I'm ready for the pumpkin pie?
Do you have anything to add to my "I don't get it file?" Please share... I would love to know I am not alone in my thinking.