Friday, September 25, 2009

Things that made me SMILE today...and soccer?

Today might have seemed like any other day, but for some reason there were several little "blessings" that came my way and put a smile on my face. I had a good day. Not because anything really incredible happened, but rather because there were lots of little candid moments that brought me great joy... Gotta love days like that!!!

And since I am all about sharing the joy, see if at least one thing on my list makes you smile...

- My allergies have been acting up again. Last night I started losing my voice. Tonight on the soccer field it happened again. Frustrating when you can't get the voice from within to emerge. Anyway, my son really hates anything that has to do with sickness, doctors, etc..., so he has been worried about me. Sweet huh? At 6:45 a.m. this morning I am rushing him around for school, when he stops and looks at me funny. Finally he announces, "Mom, I think you got the horse." I knew what he meant, but didn't have the heart to correct him, during his time of great concern. I giggled all the way to work. I love that kid!!! What a way to start the day!

- I am at work, when the mother of one of my favorite babies (oops! I'm not really suppose to have favorites!) brought in a zip lock bag full of what she called "Friendship bread." She said it was just because she "appreciates" me. That makes the heart sing, to feel appreciated for hard work. And let me tell you, the bread was downright yummy too! (Two smiles in one!)
- I got home and when I was putting down my purse, I saw a wreath lying there. OK, I have to be honest, this little blessing came yesterday, but it still makes me smile today. Yesterday, an older lady from my church stopped by and brought me a beautiful fall wreath for my door. Maybe it was a hint, because I hadn't had time to really dig the fall decor out yet, or maybe it was simply a kind gesture. Either way, I loved it and thought it was so sweet. Even better when she told me that she wanted to give it to me, because of the "great" job my hubby was doing. Can you say "beaming?"

-Soccer. I have to be honest and admit I did not want to go tonight. My son was with his Papa at the deer camp. My husband was at the high school football game and I was tired. But Kayla had a soccer game. It had rained them out all week and I wasn't looking forward to the soggy field and muddy shoes. But, after I got there and saw my baby girl having a blast at the sport she loves, well I couldn't help but smile and take a few pictures. Her excitement as we left the field was priceless. You know that hundred mile an hour bubbly rambling? I still laugh thinking about it.

- Taco Bell. After the game I asked Kayla what she wanted to pick up for dinner. She chose tacos. When we got to the drive through, there was a long line. In usual fashion I started to moan a little...when all of a sudden Kay says "Mom, I'm glad there is a line. Because I like talking to you and we do our best talking in the car..." Be still my heart. Did my baby girl just say she liked talking to me? I had to write this one down, so I can remember it as the teenage years go by, filled with the silent treatment. Wow! I'm still giddy. Oh Lord! Can I keep this moment forever?! PLEASE! Pretty PLEASE with a cherry on top?! Do they really have to grow up?

- I ended the evening watching a chick flick with my daughter and reviewing my day. And of course there was my favorite grilled steak stuffed burrito from Taco Bell to enjoy too. Mmm...

As I look back over my day, most of it was like any other day. I got up, went to work, came home and took care of the family. Yet, because of a few extra little things that splattered smiles around, it made an ordinary day, a good day. It leaves one thinking, that maybe I need to try harder not to let the day just slip away into ordinary, everyday. Maybe I should stop and enjoy the "moments" while they are there for the enjoying. Maybe I should go out of my way to share the love with others through gifts, hugs and words of confirmation. If I make a point to find "joy" in the little things each day, I think the smiles for everyone would be endless...

And now that I am finished preaching to myself, while beaming of course, I thought I would share a few pictures of my girl in action. Enjoy.







Oh, but wait! Since I am in the mood to share the smiles, take a look at this picture...


Along with being able to watch my beautiful girl in action, this is a picture of the SMILE God gave me. This is a picture of what the sky looked like at the soccer field tonight. It doesn't get better than that...GOD IS GOOD!!!
Here is hoping you have a weekend of smiles, candid blessings and a sunset of your own...
Happy weekend Everyone!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD for your great day!
Blessings, andrea

PS: I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.

He & Me + 3 said...

What an awesome post. Friendship bread....yum Spending time with your daughter, priceless. Taco bell is so yummy and God's paintings are the best. Have a blessed weekend

momstheword said...

What a sweet thing for that lady to do. It is always such a blessing when you see the generosity of God's people!

Your daughter is very graceful on the soccer field, loved the shots!

Do you allergies make your voice gravelly sometimes? I've had a gravelly voice lately and don't know if it's allergies or what.

Kristin said...

Beautiful post, Mich! God is so good to us! I love what your daughter said.......it doesn't have to end just because she gets older!

Sharon Sloan said...

Great day! Great pix!
I LOVE the Taco Bell story! What a treasure!

Billy Coffey said...

That was great, Mich! It's those big blessings in the little moments that always see us through. Hope you're feeling better!

Amber said...

She cannot be that big.
She just can't.
It depresses me.

Glad you had a great day.

Gretchen said...

THank you for sharing your smiles. I'm in the mood to bake. Maybe I should start some friendship bread.