For once my family left the house before me. I usually have to be at work by 7:00 or 7:30 a.m. every morning. But today Kev and the kids were rushing around for a special morning that comes around once a year in September. SEE YOU AT THE POLE.
There is something about the idea of a groups of students nationwide gathering around their school flagpole, in prayer, that gives me the shivers. What an awesome thought.
So as they are gathering with their classmates this morning, I'm going to remember them in prayer...
- may those that gather be a shining example for Christ to the rest of their school.
- may those that gather realize what a huge responsibility they have been given, as followers of Jesus. May they take that responsibility seriously in all they do... speech, actions, dress, etc...
- may those that gather have prayerful hearts, as they let their requests known to the Lord.
I would also like to pray for the requests that are on their minds this morning too...
- I pray for our schools. I pray for the teachers that have so much influence in our schools.
- I pray for the leaders of our nation. Whether you agree politically or not on all issues, they need our prayers.
- I pray for our churches. May they continue to grow and stand strong in a constant changing society.
- I pray for the kids, the next generation, that they will come to know, love and depend on the Almighty God.
So whether you were able to join the kids around a flagpole or simply can join me here at the computer this morning, please stop and take a moment to PRAY.