Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hope for the Sunday morning blues...

Here I am doing something very unusual... I'm on the computer on a Sunday morning. Usually I would be "snapping" at my kids to get out to the car by now, trying to frantically make it early to Sunday School, since I teach. However, I took the day off today. Recovering from a twenty four hour stomach bug, this morning I'm left feeling much better, but very weak. Yet, since I spent the day in bed, yesterday, my body is saying no more. It is a frustrating feeling; no energy to accomplish anything, yet tired of being tired.

I do have to say I feel better. It is funny how when you are in the middle of being sick, you have such a hopeless feeling, like it will never end! Of course when you do feel better, you live off of Sprite, saltine crackers and chicken noodle soup! I can't even make myself eat chicken noodle soup at any other time... my body tells me I have to be sick for it to smell appealing. Funny, huh?

So here I am, I guess trying to have a small connection to the world after being cooped up all weekend. My in laws just picked up my kids for church and my husband will be back from his retreat this afternoon, which leaves me alone in an empty house. Normally that would make me smile, for I've always been a person who enjoyed some alone time. However, right now, I just have the blues. I feel like a kid missing out on going to the party. Rather I'm a mom, with no energy what's so ever, looking around at a very dirty house that didn't get cleaned this weekend!
What is sad is that my whole weekend was shot, tomorrow I have to go back to work, it just doesn't seem fair!

However, I am always gently reminded that I am not alone. There is a greater "strength" always there for the asking. As I'm typing this I just happen to look up at my calendar by my desk. On it is a verse. Of course as I read it, I know it's not an accident. I'm always amazed at the thought that, God knows everything! He knows what I'm going to do before I do it. He knew when this calendar was printed that I would need a special verse of encouragement to read today. He knew I would need a little "hope" for the Sunday morning blues...

"The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. "
Exodus 15:2

I pray you have a wonderful Sunday. May God show you his presence, no matter where you are or what you are doing this morning.

1 comment:

Amber said...

My house didn't get clean and I wasn't sick...does that make you feel any better?

FEEL BETTER SOON! The laundry can wait!