Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Proud Mom...

Today was ordinary. My alarm clock went off at 5:00a.m., I kept hitting the snooze until about 5:30a.m. and spent the next hour grudgingly getting ready before waking up the "fam" at 6:30. I do what little I can to help them before I'm out the door and at work by 7:00a.m. I pray every morning they have socks that match, that they brushed their teeth, that their papers are signed and they get to school on time! So far so good. My husband has done a great job of "handling it" since I've gone back to work. In fact it makes me happy that they now know that they have two parents that can get the day to day, ordinary stuff done. I'm really proud of them all! They have even been getting to school early this year!

I know I've already tooted my family's horn, but actually the real reason I'm writing this little note tonight is to say this: "I AM A VERY PROUD MOM!"

I must explain, for I love my kids all the time, no matter what they do, how they do it or what they say... But as a mom, we love getting these little "love notes" from God, that let us know our kids are doing alright. As parents we need those little inspirations to keep us going and on track in this journey called PARENTHOOD.

Today I got one of those little messages. I came home from my ordinary day to discover that my husband had handled parent/teacher conferences (I love him!) and much to my delight I discovered that BOTH of my kids have ALL A's on their progress reports! YEAH!

Bigger news is bound to be heard somewhere in the world tonight, but you wouldn't know it from my smile. After a year of adjusting to a new home and friends, struggling with 3rd grade teachers and disrespectful classmates and graduating to middle school life, my kids are doing alright! I'm so thankful and very PROUD!

Maybe today wasn't so ordinary after all...
!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Sis,
Wow! Now, that's pride that doesn't go "before a fall!" Give all three a great group hug from Poohpa and Grammy!

We're proud of you all, too!
We love you.
Dad

Amber said...

Hooray! Although you stole my thunder...I was getting ready to write about this stuff. Although we didn't get all A's....ugh. Oh well. Chalking it up to new school adjustments.

Congrats on Jor and Kay's grades.