Saturday, October 25, 2008

Freezer "clean out"...

Now normally when you hear the words "freezer clean out," you probably think about eating leftovers in the school cafeteria. Oh, do I wish it was that simple! My story starts when Kevin came to my work place yesterday. "I have good news and bad news, what do you want to hear first?" Like usual, afraid of the bad, I took the good news first. He was able to replace my flat screen TV at the store, after it started doing crazy things with the picture. I'm happy, because that was certainly good news. The TV wasn't that old. :)

However, after the good news, came the bad and definitely the ugly... The deep freeze somehow got unplugged and we had one "stinky" ice box. Here is the comical part, unless Kevin found someone else, I was going to have to clean it!!! You see, the men in my husband's family may be big, strong guys, but there is one thing they can't handle very well... funky smells! If you want to see Kevin throw up, hand him a bucket of rotten meat. I remember, even though he changed them, that dirty diapers use to make him gag once upon a time too. So here I was wondering how on earth I was going to get this done?!

The answer came in the form of a doctor friend from church. Kevin rode to the football game with him last night and they got to talking. The friend took pity on my husband (or should I say me?) and said he would come over today and help. Smells don't bother me. I don't know if it was from years of living in a third world country, years of changing dirty diapers and cleaning up throw up or just strong genes, but it takes a lot to make me gag. However, I knew I wasn't strong enough to make this all happen... moving the freezer, cleaning it out, etc... In the end, our friend and my son cleaned the freezer out. (he must take after his mommy!)

so I am very thankful to say that my freezer is now cleaned out. It still has a little stench, but it just hopefully needs some time to air out. Overall we got some good "ribbing" done at Kev's expense. My favorite moment was when he came in the house with two orange "ear plugs" stuffed up his nose!!! I asked if I could get a picture, but he wouldn't let me. You will just have to visualize it! But I'm still cracking up thinking about it!

Oh, life is never boring around our house...

1 comment:

Amber said...

You're supposed to be cleaning your office, not the freezer!

You so should have snuck a picture...