Saturday, October 18, 2008

The "Perfect" Pumpkin!

The day started with a few grumbles, including a few of my own, for it was Saturday and we had to get up and be at the church by 9:00a.m.. We were signed up to go with the kids at church, to the Pumpkin Patch. When I first asked the kids if they wanted to go, everyone said "yes." However, we lived life since signing up, and well... Kayla was told it was for little kids and boring and Jordan was a little mad at his dad because he was hunting with friends and not taking him. And I really just wanted a "relaxing" day... Truth was, I had never been to the Pumpkin Patch and wanted to check it out, as well as spend some time with my kids. So, even though I had thoughts of cancelling and the kids wanted to bail on me, we went. And you know what? We had fun! Not "Disney World" kind of fun or "this is the greatest day ever" kind of fun, but rather " just a "relaxing, I love being here with you" kind of fun. There was a hayride, farm animals, tire swings, hay mountains, good food and of course a pumpkin patch. They even ended up having a few friends there. My favorite part of the whole trip was watching my kids pick out their pumpkins. Jordan went for the biggest one he could find, then found a smaller one that he could carry. Kayla, however, walked through the patch rather slowly. A friend asked me what she was doing. I knew what she was doing. She was looking for the "perfect" pumpkin. Sure enough, here she came, toting her pumpkin. It was almost perfect. It had one very small dent, but other than that it was a perfect shape, size and color. She was so proud! She of course has big plans for her pumpkin, soon to be "jack." In the end, it was a fun day! (Oh! And Jordan did get to go hunting with his dad this afternoon and they shot a 6 point. He had to call and tell me about it.) And the weather was beautiful! Happy Fall!

Jordan's Pumpkin!


Kayla's Pumpkin!

The "Perfect" Pumpkin!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Pretty pumpkins.

Did Jordan shoot the deer or Kevin? I'm sure he was very proud!

Fun Saturday!

Jo said...

I know what you mean. There's been lots of times I just didn't want to make the effort to go somewhere, especially before I was retired. But, I usually ended up enjoying myself if I pushed myself.
You got some great looking pumpkins there!
And Jordan ended up having a great time, hunting with his Dad.
Luvya!
Aunt Jo