My son gets up this morning, looks out the window and starts to pout.
"Mom, it is raining AGAIN! Doesn't God understand that recess and soccer games are important to a boy my age!!!"
Bless his little heart. Bless mine for having to put up with a cranky son, who is "BORED" constantly because his basketball goal and bike are temporally not usable due to the pouring rain. I'm beginning to think this family needs to build an ark.
So, since the weatherman calls for rain most of the week, although I have learned that they really don't know much these days...I think God likes to remind "know it all weather people" who is really calling the shots in this world, I have decided to find some cheer for the rainy day blues. In other words here is my list of ten things I choose to be thankful for today, things I am reminded of when it is wet and cold.
Care to join in the fun? If it is sunny at your house, I don't really want to hear about it...just shut up and play along.
Rainy Days remind me of...
1. A big bowl of potato soup with a yummy grilled cheese sandwich on the side. I can almost taste it. Hmmm...note to self...possible dinner idea?
2. My cuddly fleece blanket and a good book. I love to read. I love a good blanket.
3. Having my family around, even when they are stir crazy, because it is too wet for them to do anything. During busy schedules this is sometimes the only time I get to see them, except in the car!!!
4. Windows on my car. Saw a guy today with a trash bag taped on his window and thought "bless him, Lord. That has got to be a bummer, especially on a day like today." Made a note to self to be thankful for my "dirty" but solid, "closed"windows.
5. A good night's sleep. Nothing better than sleeping with the rain. I HATE storms with a passion, but when the rain just quietly falls.... better than a baby's lullaby.
6. Wearing jackets and sweaters. I love fall and winter clothes. Give me a comfy sweatshirt or sweater any day.
7. Pretty green yards. Usually about this time the yards are all turning brown, but our grass has certainly been fed this year. I love God's shade of nature green. Although I do like fall leaves too.
8. I am thankful for the makers of pain meds. Unfortunately the rainy weather puts a spell on my poor head and I live with headaches these days. I am thankful God made smart people who invent things to help a girl out.
9. I am always reminded of one of my favorite little lines from a poem I found while in high school. I don't know who wrote it, but here it goes...
It isn't raining rain for me...it is raining roses down.
In other words, find the blessings in the showers!!!
10. And then I simply like the fact that I can stay home...didn't you hear? Soccer games were cancelled. Woo! Hoo! Sorry, Jordan, I know you want to go and play, but mom would rather curl up in the recliner and watch "Dancing With The Stars" tonight.
OK, your turn. What do cold wet days make you thankful for?