Sunday, December 13, 2009

Counting Down the Days...Picture #13.

This afternoon was Kayla's "tea" ornament/cookie swap party. She had a really good time. They drew numbers for an ornament, exchanged cookies and recipes, had a dress making contest out of wrapping paper and nibbled on good food (although I don't think any tea was actually served!).

The issue came this past week, when we were trying to decide what cookies to make and take. You see, my oven is out...now you are really feeling sorry for me here at Christmas time, aren't you. Haven't had the time to get it fixed...shoot we haven't even been home enough to worry much about it. Anyway, I had to find a recipe that didn't call for some baking time.

I found a cute idea in a magazine I had. Turns out they taste pretty good too according to my family, the cookie experts. We made "Santa's." I thought they ended up precious.
So, picture #13 is...

Aren't they just the cutest?!!!

Happy December 13Th Friends!

As you are baking and making the "season bright" with yummy sweets to eat, remember the sweetest gift at all... the love of the Savior.

6 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Dear Friend,

It sounds like a delightful time was had by all! The cookies look yummy and oh so festive...and yes, the sweetest gift of all is the love of the Savior! Loved this posting.

God bless you and your family during this Christmas season. May your hearts be so full of Him that you can't contain yourselves.

Love, Peace & Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh my cuteness. I cannot make those because of the nut allergies, but those are adorable. I love me some cookie exchanges. YUM to all the new cookies.

Kristin said...

Those are really cute!

Jim said...

Sis,
Just touching the keys of my pc has my blood suger level "peaking-out". Somehow, I've got to get through this season with some strength of will to face my doctor in Jan.

Love you,
Jim-Dad

christy rose said...

Those are so cute!! That was a great idea!

really.truly said...

Oh girl, I hope that your oven is fixed soon!

The reindeer are adorable. I'm hoping to makes some cookies soon.