Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Counting Down the Days...Picture #9.

I am so very proud of myself. I have actually posted something 9 straight days in a row and have managed to keep my countdown going. Woo! Hoo! Of course I am going to "shut up" now for "pride does come before the fall..." or so they say. :)

Anyway, as I was asking myself what I wanted to post on day number 9, I decided I would share something on my, "few of my favorite things..." list. Actually, they really aren't just for Christmas, but rather a favorite year around for me. However, since we are discussing the biggest birthday of them all, the warm and coziness of the holidays and getting into the spirit of things, we might as well talk these...




Have I told you before how much a LOVE a good candle? Well, I do. However, I am just a tad on the picky side when it comes to flavoring. (that is "scent" for you people who don't speak "Mich-anese.") Unfortunately, there are a few that give me a headache. But over all, nothing says; "Come in and join us..." like a good candle burning. And since I don't have a fireplace, well it is the next best thing.
I remember a couple of years ago we had a sudden snowstorm. Kevin and Kayla were out of town and Jordan was staying the night at a friend's house. I was alone... The cable was out, so I put in "One Night With the King," (LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!) lit me a candle and enjoyed the evening curled up in my favorite blanket as the snow fell... Bliss.

Anyway, my favorite type of candles are the Woodwick brand. Love the crackle they make and they smell wonderful. Favorite flavor? Current. LOVE IT!!! My hubby went on a trip a month ago or so and came back bearing gifts. One of my gifts was a Woodwick. He knows me so well! It is called Wine Berry Fusion and smells pretty good. However, nothing is ever perfect and that goes for candle land too. Woodwicks tend to be VERY EXPENSIVE, so I have to be on the look out for a good sale or enjoy the surprise when I'm given one as a gift. Hint. Hint.
So what do I do, when I can't afford the good stuff? Find a substitute. My favorite right now comes from Wally World and can be bought for under ten bucks. Paula Dean's candles are wonderful. My favorite flavor is the Mystery Pecan Pie. I also like the Strawberry Shortcake.
What is your favorite candle and flavor? I am always up for hearing about something that smells good and "lights" up the place with smelly goodness. So please share...


Happy December 9Th dear friends! I can't believe how the month is flying by!


While we are thinking about lighting candles, may we all try to remember to be "lights" in this world and "fragrant" for the Lord this holiday season.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I have never heard of Woodwick candles. I love Yankee. I also love the ones from Kohl's. Their blueberry muffin one is awesome so is the birthday cake. YUM. I

Joyeful said...

Mmmm....current sounds like a wonderful fragrance! I need to light me some candles!

Heart2Heart said...

Mich,

I've never experienced the woodwick probably based on the cost. I guess I would have to say Yankee's Home Sweet Home and MacIntosh are my all time favorites.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

christy rose said...

I have never heard of Woodwick candles either. But I love candles too! They bring a feeling of warmth to my home that I love!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh my goodness, forget the candles {{sorry, that was rude}} --- can I have all those awesome snowmen that are surrounding them?

I LOVE SNOWMEN and yours look so "country-fied". They're awesome.

I'm sure the candles smell better than the snowmen, but since you obviously love the candles more, you could spare the snowmen and send them my way, right? Right? Right? ha ha ha