Well, as I have already told you, my kids and I are at my parent's house this weekend along with my sister and my nephews. After spending the whole day shopping yesterday, which I plan to eventually blog about when I get my pictures, etc... uploaded, I basically crashed. We hit the ground running and survived the heat and the crowds with most of our sanity in tact. Of course it helped that my parents took all the boys to play mini golf and ride go-carts while my sister and I hit the mall with Kayla. That too is post worthy, which I promise to eventually write about too.
As for today...it has been WONDERFUL! Here are just a few of the highlights...
- We slept late. (Yeah!)
- We had pancakes for breakfast. (YUMMY!)
- We played cards with the boys. (Good quality time. Playing rummy with 4 boys under 10 takes FOREVER!!!)
- Watched an "Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea" marathon with the girls in the family. (Love Anne!!!)
- Played beauty shop. Have I ever told you how much I love for my hair to be played with? My sister knows it too. I found myself sitting on the floor once again in front of my sister while she "fixed" my hair. Of course we were being silly. By the time we were all finished we all looked like we walked off the set of Star Wars or out of a Dr. Seuss book. Can you ever be too old to play beauty shop and share a few laughs? (Too fun!)
- Had my mom's famous mashed taters for dinner. (Simply the best!)
I thank God for simple, lazy days like today. We need them every once in a while. Add the fact that you get to hang out with family and it makes it all the better. I guess I will go for now and see what mischief "Anne" is about to get into... I'm also laughing at the new hairstyle my sister is giving my mom as I type. Fun times!!! :)
Oh, and just so you can have a laugh of your own today...a few pictures for your enjoyment.