Friday, August 7, 2009

She's all grown up...

I forgot to mention, due to the fact that I was getting ready for the big road trip, that my heart is breaking just a little this week. Wednesday, my baby registered for 7Th grade. Ouch! She also officially went on her first youth trip with her dad, as a teenager in his youth group this week too. Never mind that it was to Playtime Pizza, it was still a day trip out of town! My daughter, the TEENAGER?!!! HELP!


So as I'm school shopping for her this weekend, I have a whole new set of worries. How to help her be cute, yet decent. How to be kid approved and dad approved at the same time. How to help her be "cool." I sure wasn't cool in 7Th grade, so what do I know?! "NOTHING!" she says.


I ask, is it even possible to make her happy and me happy at the same time, when it comes to clothes? Maybe I should find a school with uniforms...


Junior High/Middle School is such a crazy age. I'm praying I can just live to tell about it.


So tell me. Where did the time go? I swear, I only closed my eyes for a moment...





I think God created the ages 12-21, to increase a mother's faith and grow her prayer life. Can I get an "AMEN?"

14 comments:

Amber said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

Now she has kickin' paperclip shoes and rockin' knee highs.

Awesome.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I can't imagine! I have a nearly 8 year old little girl so I know our time of the teens is coming. Love you're last line! Parenthood in general has grown my prayer life, I can only imagine I'll need a knee cushion in a few years :)

christy rose said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Your daughter is beautful!

momstheword said...

Oh, she's beautiful!

Kid approved and dad approved, good luck, lol!

My boys were homeschooled and besides, as boys they didn't really care much about clothes at that age.

Now, they have certain "brands" that they like, such as Aeropostle, but they still don't care about clothes much. Not like a girl anyway.

Heart2Heart said...

AMEN! Mich!

I love that my teen now entering her Junior year has never had an issue with her clothes.

They are definitely Mom and Dad approved and she shops at Aeropostle, Forever 21, and Wet Seal but she is considerate of how she is perceived by both boys and girls and doesn't want the attention some clothes draw.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Jim said...

Sis,
A BIG AMEN from GRANDDAD, TOO! I could reach back in my stacks of pictures and find one of another certain little beauty, and another one at twelve, and eighteen, and then one in ALL WHITE when she finally LEFT HOME! All TOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Prayer life, you bet. But answered prayers! Awesome! And now I'm reliving those days through her and her daughter, KAYLA!

Love you,
Jim-Dad

Andrea said...

Mich~
You have entered a "new" season of prayer. Having raised "FIVE" the best advice I can give you is choose your battles wisely and get on your knees and do NOT get up! These will be wonderful times, emotional times, and yes...turbulent times.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

PS: Happy Shopping!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am not looking forward to those days...they are going to sneak up on me so fast. I want to freeze them. Your daughter is beautiful...
Like the song says, Don't blink. It does fly by.

Grace said...

I'm not looking forward to those years.So far none of my kids worry about their clothes and Kaden is just as happy {or happier} with nothing at all on but I do prevent that!Send prayers your way and lot's of good luck.

~*Michelle*~ said...

She is so beautiful....

I'm with Andrea....choose your battles!

really.truly said...

Oh wow, you are making me realize how time does fly!! 7th grade!!! She was a cutie little thing and she's now a lovely young ladey :)

Barbara said...

Yes Amen, lol it happens to us all sweetie, they all grow up, just enjoy while you can, they grown and gone in no time at all..

Anonymous said...

Hello Mich,

It has been awhile since I have visited (sorry) so I am working my way up the posts I have not seen instead of down, so I won’t miss anything if you mention it in a later post.

AMEN! As life gets more complicated, we certainly spend more time praying.

She’s darling. It is sad how quickly they grow up, because we enjoy the baby/little child so much. But an older daughter is a fun friend, too. I love my daughters being my friends, but all the same, I miss those baby years…I need another BABY!

♥Hope

Gretchen said...

AMEN!

Mine are in grades 6 and 8 this year.

Increase faith and Advil, please. :)