Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Joyful Noise?

We went to a friend's house today, to swim. I'm still the new girl in town, so I still don't know where everyone lives. I ended up following my friend out to her house, since she was in town this morning and lives about seven miles out. My kids decided to ride with her...

Anyway I said all of that to say, " I WAS IN THE CAR BY MYSELF FOR ALMOST TEN MINUTES WITH NO KIDS OR TRAFFIC!" How often does that happen? I had the music blaring, singing at the top of my voice, without a care in the world! Wonderful! We are called to make a "joyful" noise, and I was "trying" my best. Of course there was no one to hear, except the Lord, so I'm going to pretend it was "beautiful" too.

My new favorite chorus is "Mighty to Save." I think the writers wrote it just for me! Don't you love it when God works like that?

Everyone needs compassion
A love that is never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of the Savior
The hope of the nations.
Savior, he can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty save
Forever,author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave.
So take me as you find me
All my fears and my failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender
Shine your light and let the whole world see
We are singing for the glory of the risen king...
Jesus.
(written by Reuben Morgan & Ben Fielding)
I hope you can find some time in your busy schedule to "make a joyful" noise too. It is incredible what ten minutes can make! Read Zephaniah 3:17 and you might just hear the Lord singing with you...

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm always making a "joyful" noise. My poor kids. They have to suffer through it!!!!!

Jo said...

I'm sure you didn't have to "pretend" it was beautiful. The good Lord KNOWS for sure that it was!
I love you.
Aunt Jo