Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Disciple Now Experience

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I am still very much alive and kickin'...well just barely. I am exhausted! I got off work at 5:15p.m. on Friday and went home, changed clothes and was at the church by 6:00. It was a big weekend for my family and for our church. As the wife of the Student minister, well this was a big one. I spent most of my time away from home this weekend, helping with our Disciple Now. I am tired...yet I have to say it was worth it.

God is AWESOME! We had a great weekend of studying God's word, growing together as a group and just plain having a good 'ol time! By the time the event was finished on Sunday afternoon, I was worn out physically, mentally and SPIRITUALLY! I took a 4 hour nap Sunday afternoon!!! And yes, I still slept that night.

Anyway, to family and friends, I wasn't trying to ignore you. I was just plain busy! Thank you for your prayers...

Oh, by the way, I have a little minor surgery scheduled on a tooth on Friday. Please say a prayer for me...I am just not very good with this medical stuff. I'm trying to be a "Big Girl" about it all...if you know me at all, then I know you understand what I mean by this statement.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Glad everything went great this weekend. Missed ya.