Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I'm Just Going to Have To Do It Now!!!"

I've been in "blog land" lately, probably spending too much time here, but it's a little on the addictive side. I'm going to have to be careful, for even when I'm not posting, I'm being a an Internet junkie. I go searching for life out there, hoping it will make me feel better about my own, while reading the happenings of others. In other words, I want to feel NORMAL. I want to know I'm not the only one that has a husband that they adore but also drives them crazy. I want to be able to find out that I'm not the only mom that can "lose it" every once in a while or that there are other people in this world that can't seem to keep a perfect house... Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way?!

I do have a little guilt at times, or actually, make that A LOT of guilt at times, when I spend too much time doing anything but what I need to be doing. These days, it is so easy to watch television, blog or even read than to lift a finger doing what needs to be done. My prayer/Bible study time will often suffer too, 'cause I don't like the guilt that will pour my way. I'm like that silly child that knows they are not doing right, knows the Heavenly Father knows too, yet still decides to pretend I'm hiding out, and no one is the wiser! Ever been there?

Well, guess what? God found me today! Yes, He decided if I was not going to come to Him,today, He was going to find me and get my attention!

I was reading a post from a new wonderful blog I found. The blog is titled the "Holy Experience." This woman has decided to use her blog as a true ministry and God certainly used it today to nail me to the wall and slap me silly! (Well, not really, I just felt like it!)

The piece was called Communion and she had written a quote from an old Scottish preacher. This is what it said:



No unwelcome tasks become any less unwelcome by putting them off till tomorrow. It is only when they are behind us and done, that we begin to find that there is sweetness to be tasted afterwards.

Accomplished, (tasks) are full of blessing, and there is a smile on their faces as they leave us.

Undone, (tasks) stand threatening and disturbing our tranquility and hindering our communion with God.

If there be lying before you any bit of work from which you shrink, go straight up to it, and do it at once.

The only way to get rid of it is to do it!" - Alexander MacLaren (1826-1910)



To this "queen of procrastination" this was a proclamation from God. In other words, stop whining about your messy house and your piles of this and that, Michele and just "get it done, already!"

Here I sit again, blogging. There are dirty dishes in the sink, clean laundry to fold (thanks to the laundry man who is still on a roll!), Christmas decor to put away and an office to finish organizing. Thanks a lot, Lord! I'm just going to have to go and do it now!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hmmmm....not exactly what I needed to hear today! :) I was doing perfectly fine wallowing in my whines....thank you very much.

Really good post....thanks for putting in on today...I needed it.

Love ya!

By the way...I thought you said you didn't spend that much time online....now we know the truth!