Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!!!

My husband knows I enjoy a good homemade card from my kids. I consider them little treasures. I get giddy inside just thinking about what my child would make or say about me if given the chance. Can you say my Love Language might be words of affirmation? Anyway, he also knew that I was sad this year because my kids are growing up and didn't make me anything at school like they have in years past. I didn't realize how much that it would bother me, but it did.
So for Mother's Day, my husband gathered some of my scrapbooking supplies and let the kids be creative. Their creations were beautiful. Kayla wrote a verse out on her card, which just inspires me. Jordan wrote the sappy words that moms love to hear. I was so proud of my cards that I thought I would share them with you...



This was Kayla's card. It reads this:

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord.

My heart says of you "Seek His Face!"

Your face, Lord, I will seek. Psalm 27:7-8

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


Can you say "out of the mouths of babes!!!" She said she was trying to remember the "mommy" verse (Proverbs 31) in the Bible but couldn't find it. I told her that I was glad. For she actually wrote a verse out for me that can inspire me and remind me daily on where to look for strength while on this adventure we call parenthood.





This was my card from Jordan. How cute is that?! Here is what it said:



"Mom, I like your smile and you are always checking up on me. I also like the way you hug me so tight. Another reason I love you is that when I'm scared you always say it's going to be alright. One more thing is that you love me so much. " Love, Jordan

Nope it doesn't get much better than that!

Of course pink roses (my favorite!) from the hubby and then hearing him sing at church, one of my new favorite songs ("While I Am Waiting" which he chose today for me) just topped this special day off!


Mr. Weatherman was once again not working with me today. Since it rained Easter and I didn't get any good pictures, I was determined to get one today, despite the rain. So here is my Mother's Day picture, taken under the carport.

4 comments:

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

Great picture, and love those cards...priceless!

Amber said...

Carport or not...at least you got a picture. Me? Not so much.

Happy Mother's Day...Heart ya.

Jim said...

Sis,
Great cards, and so creative. Inspiration and just down right personal and warm. Good picture of your two and you. Am copying it for memories.

Glad you had a good day of it, good mom!

We love you,
Mom and Dad

Gretchen said...

You are gorgeous, and you have a darling fam. Great cards. Lurve it when the kids come back at me from a God spot. Inspiring is right.