While I was reading some great posts today by some new friends, I was thinking about how little I know about them. What is great about the blog world is you really get to see a person's heart and their feelings before you know what they look like or what talents they may have. I find myself drawn to a writer's honesty and humor and their faith in the Lord. Many times I've read a post without even knowing what the author looks like.
If only we were judged that way in our everyday world. Being the mother of a Preteen girl, I am reminded constantly of my teenage days and how unfortunately too much judgement is made on one's appearance, wealth or talent. No one takes the time to get to know some one first and then decide whether they would like to be friends. One bad hair day, one bad outfit, one huge zit, one embarrassing moment can make or break you sometimes. But that is a whole different subject for another day.
I was just thinking, I might let you into my world just a little more. If you are curious about who the real "Mich" is then keep on reading. If you are related to me or know me pretty well, then you might enjoy this trip down memory lane. So here I go. "Thirty five random facts about me" just for your information.
1. My favorite color is rose pink. I usually say green, because I do not believe there is an ugly shade of green and because I am picky on the shade of pink. I like the color of dark pink roses.
2. My favorite number is "26." Both my birthday and my anniversary are on that number date.
3. I am a Preacher's Kid. And a Missionary kid.
4. I have two children. One girl and one boy.
5. Both my kids and I were born in the same month. October.
6. I have a sister who is six and half years younger than me. She is the wonderful mom of my three terrific nephews. Love her bunches!
7. For my graduation present, my parents took me through Europe on our way home from the mission field. Too fun!
8. I graduated from the International School in Bangkok.
9. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice.
10. I love musicals.
11. I've lived in 4 different states, and 3 different countries.
12. I majored in Christian counseling in college.
13. Right now Mandisa's new CD is in my car stereo.
14. My favorite foods are fried okra, tomatoes and any kind of potato. (My mom's mashed tators are simply the best!)
15. I drink Sprite.
16. I love to take pictures.
17. I'm married to a minister. (His title is Associate pastor/Student Minister)
18. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
19. I've had to wear glasses since I was in the 3rd grade. (I wear contacts now.)
20. I love Beth Moore Bible Studies and I've seen her live twice.
21. I like flea markets and garage sales. I like the "old" stuff with character and history.
22. I was saved at a very young age at church camp, but I rededicated my life to Jesus when I was in college at a 4Him concert.
23. First official date with my husband was at a TCBY.
24. I had a brother who passed away as a baby. I was five.
25. I have scoliosis and I had to wear a back brace when I was younger.
26. I like to cook, but I hate cleaning up afterwards.
27. I sound like a kid when I talk on the phone. People constantly confuse me with my kids.
28. I have terrible stage fright.
29. I am currently reading a book by Karen Kingsbury.
30. I HATE ironing.
31. I love scrap booking. If only I could find the time.
32. I have been carrying the same Bible for 17 years. It is my big "preacher Bible," An old and faithful friend.
33. My favorite Book in the Bible is James.
34. I write poetry from time to time.
35. I consider myself a "work in progress."