In Yesterday's post I listed thirty five facts about myself. I had such a good time doing it that I thought I would continue on. So, in other words, if you're interested in more fun facts about "Mich" keep on reading. If not, well maybe we can catch back up later.
36. When I was in high school I wanted to be an artist/designer. Went to college and realized I wasn't as good as my dream.
37. I named my daughter after a character on "Days of Our Lives." Both my Grandmas watched that show and I would watch with them. There was a girl named Kayla Brady. I thought it was beautiful and had never heard it before. However, I guess everyone else had the same idea, for after she was born there were "Kaylas" popping up all over the place.
38. My real name is Michele. (Yes, it is with one "L".) I got my nickname in high school. One of my best friends wanted to call me something different since there were so many Michelle's, Shelly's, etc... (It is pronounced like the boys name "Mitch.")
40. I went to college with some of the girls in the Christian singing group Point of Grace.
41. When I lived overseas, my dad was the pastor of the English language church in Bangkok. One Sunday morning we had a special guest at church, with lots of security. It was President Jimmy Carter. I have always thought it was cool that he took time to go to church, even when he was traveling. My dad even asked him to pray.
42. I like ALL kinds of music, except rap. It really just depends on the song.
43. I took piano lessons for a year as a kid. I now wish I had taken more.
44. I collect old dishes. My favorites are the ones passed down through the family with a story to tell.
45. I have had two poems published.
46. I am a speed reader. I can read a book in a night. (a couple of hours)
47. I teach kindergarten Sunday School at my church.
48. I love black and white pictures. My Christmas cards every year have a picture of my kids taken in black and white.
49. I DO NOT have an athletic bone in my body. Hence, I was always last to be picked on the playground.
50. I LOVE Arby's. YUMMY!
51. My husband and I met Chris Tomlin before he became a chart topping artist. He was the praise and worship leader at a camp we went to. Kevin even played basketball with him. Great guy! Love his music. Oh, to be able to write like him...
52. I have ridden on an elephant.
53. In the 9th grade, I lived in a boarding house, while my parents were in a totally different country.
54. I collect dolls when traveling. I have one from every country I have ever been to.
55. I am a reality show junkie. American Idol, The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, Dancing With the Stars...
56. I love the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea miniseries. Anne and I are "kindred spirits."
57. I tend to be a worrier. I can "over think" anything, as my hubby says.
58. I love to shop.
59. I collect Willow Tree figurines. Their simplicity is beautiful to me.
60. I had my tonsils out when I was five.
61. My favorite Bible story is Esther. I love her courage.
62. I have to take "notes" at everything. If I don't, my mind wanders...
63. I am addicted to peppermints. My dentist doesn't like it. However, She should. I'm keeping her in business.
64. I hate storms, but I love the rain. (When I don't have to be anywhere.)
65. I am terrified of needles. One bad experience when I was little sent me over the edge and I became the child they had to chase around the room. I still ask to lay down when blood is drawn.
66. My husband sings beautifully and sang to me at my wedding. He sang Steven Curtis Chapman's "I Will Be Here."
67. I have horrible allergies. Are you ready for this one? I'm allergic to chocolate.
68. I was baptized by my daddy. I was also married by my daddy.
69. My favorite hymn is "How Great Thou Art."
70. I feel like each day is an adventure waiting to happen. How I deal with it is what determines the ride...
Thanks for reading. I had fun once again sharing a part of me. Stay tuned for tomorrow for I will wrap up this list of "100 facts about Mich." Believe it or not I could go on, and on, and on...